My Child is Identified Gifted, Now What?
We help parents understand your rights and your child’s rights when developing an Advanced Learning Plan (ALP). We connect you with resources, such as: community groups, websites, webinars, summer camps so you have the tools you need to help your child succeed.
Here are a few to get you started:
Navigating Education – Parent Advocacy Group
- We hold FREE Parent Nights where we discuss, train, and advocate for Gifted. These are a great way to learn about Giftedness, how to help your child, and how to get resources in your local area.
- Subscribe to our email list to receive news of these events.
CAGT (Colorado Association for Gifted and Talented)
- Colorado Association. They have events, including the CAGT Conference each year in October.
Affiliate of CAGT
- Many school districts have an affiliate group under CAGT. Many times these are run by parents. It is a great way to get involved and connect with other families.
SENG (Supporting Emotional Needs of Gifted)
- National organization. They have wonderful webinars and tons of resources for social/emotional needs of Gifted.
NAGC (National Association for Gifted Children)
- Wonderful resource for definitions of giftedness and what is happening at the national level for gifted education.
- They have a WONDERFUL resource page. http://www.nagc.org/resources-publications/resources